> What it is?
This is a "project" where I decided to plant trees using the website Treedom.net with 10% of the bounties I get. You can check out all of the already planted trees in the #bugs4trees forest by clicking the button below.
> How does it work?
tree_budget - Amount that will be used to buy trees
tree_type - A type of tree on treedom.net
available_types - Plantable tree_types, excluding last planted type
- I recieve a bounty
- 10% of the bounty will be tree_budget
- I randomly select 4 tree_types from available_types
- A poll on Twitter will be created with the 4 tree_types
- You can vote for which type of tree to plant
- After voting is over, I'll buy round_up(tree_budget / tree_type_price) amount of trees of the voted tree_type.
* since life changes, these rules will expire in 6 months, and will be open for reconsideration on 2020-11-07.
> What is Treedom?
On Treedom you can plant trees with money. This concept is not necessarily new. There are multiple things where I think Treedom differs from the rest:
- They delibaretly gamify the whole process. It's inspired by the game FarmVille.
- When you buy a tree, it's "yours". You can view it's exact location and you'll get a picute of it when it's planted. Like this one.
- It's a lot of small communities / farmers planting the trees rather then one bigger organization.
- Most of the plantable trees are fruit trees or similar, which will provide food & economic benefeits to the farmer in the future.
TLDR: I don't think it's a scam.
> Can I join?
Yes! If you are a bug hunter & would like to plant some trees, you are more then welcome to join the bugs4trees project and grow our bug bounty forest!
If you would like to join:
- You can plant new trees in the Treedom forest named "bugs4trees" by clicking "Plant in this forest"
- Try planting different tree_types then what is already in the forest
- When planting a tree, please use the following template as the tree name: [your_username] - [program_name (if applicable, otherwise "???")]
- If you want to use social media for voting/sharing, you can use #bugs4trees
- Please tell me about it by DM-ing me on Twitter, @xdavidhu